The celebration of the Eucharist is the centre of the entire Christian life, in which Jesus Christ is offered and received, and by which the Church constantly lives and grows. It is the summit and the source of all Christian worship and life, signifying and effecting the unity of the people of God, providing spiritual nourishment, and achieving the building up of the Body of Christ. ( Canon 897)
Sacrament of the First Eucharist (First Communion) Preparation Program
- The celebration of the sacrament of the First Eucharist (First Communion) includes the family, school and parish community.
- Children are prepared for the reception of this sacrament at an appropriate age level, which is Year 4.
- Children enrolled in Catholic schools participate in a program which assists in their understanding of the sacraments. In cases of children attending schools other than Catholic, a program is presented after school over a number of weeks. There is set class work in addition to family activities to be done at home.
- All children and their families preparing for this sacrament are encouraged to attend Mass on the weekends especially during the preparation period.
- A copy of the child’s baptism certificate is required at time of applying for the preparation classes.
- Preparation classes for the Sacrament of Eucharist will be commencing in early July.
- For more information, please contact our Parish Office via mobile: 0448 101 401.
Download the Sacramental Program form here.
INVITATION TO PRAYER
Recently, an Invitation to Prayer was sent to all families who have children preparing for their First Eucharist in August. Families were invited to send a photo of how they have put prayer into practice in their home. Below you see Annesten with his family praying the Rosary which they share digitally with their families. You too are invited to Prayer!