"Those who have been baptised continue on the path of Christian initiation through the sacrament of confirmation. In this way, they receive the Holy Spirit, conforming them more perfectly to Christ and strengthening them so that they may bear witness to Christ for the building up of his body in faith and love"
(Rite of Confirmation, nn. 1-2)
The Spirit continues to work among us! The children of Christ the Light Parish were prepared and waiting in excited anticipation for their Confirmation in April. As we are all too well aware, those plans were cancelled across Australia impacted by the effect of the pandemic.
We have continued to stay in touch with the families during this uncertain time and have recently reconnected via Zoom with those children who had completed the Catechetical preparation program for the Sacrament. We will meet monthly to review their journey to receiving the Holy Spirit as we wait patiently for that time when we can safely gather for Celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- The moral life of Christians is sustained by the gifts of the Holy Spirit. These are permanent dispositions which make man docile in following the promptings of the Holy Spirit.
- The fruits of the Spirit are perfections that the Holy Spirit forms in us as the first fruits of eternal glory.
Saint of the Week
All Confirmations have been cancelled until further notice.
- The celebration of the sacrament of Confirmation includes the family, school and parish community.
- Children are prepared for the reception of the sacrament of Confirmation at an appropriate age level, which is Year 6.
- Children enrolled in Catholic schools participate in a program which assists in their understanding of the sacraments. In cases of children attending schools other than Catholic, a program is presented after school over a number of weeks. There is set class work in addition to family activities to be done at home.
- All children and their families preparing for this Sacrament are expected to attend Faith Evenings as circulated, as well as Sunday Mass at various times throughout the preparation time.
- For further information please contact our Pastoral Associate, Sandy Starbuck (9412 8493).
Download the Sacramental Program form here